Thursday, December 3, 2009
Making mix CDs is so 2000.
At first, the iPod amazed me. Astounded me. It blew my mind that I could keep 30,000 of my most favoritest songs all in the same place and have access to any one of them at any time. I put my Pod on all random and left it that way for years, never really seeking for a certain song or artist, just happy to have EVERYTHING available.
Then, I got so sick of skipping through the randoms to find the perfect song I was craving, I started making playlists obsessively. Hundreds of them. Some by theme (gym, dance, mellow), some by time period (favorites of October 2006), some for road trips, etc. Even then, they would end up being too long (so what if I had 187 favorites of October 2006?), still requiring much skipping around, endlessly hunting for THE song. So do you know what I started doing? Making mix CDs again! After so much advanced 60GB technology, I am finding the ancient technology of 25 perfect little songs-of-my-moment all on one disc that I can play in my car (without any pesky adaptors) to be perfectly awesome. A friend walked over to my desk while I was making my latest mix and said in a disgusted tone, "Why are you burning a CD???????" THE HORROR.
Anyway, here's the latest mix in all its glory. I make no apologies for the songs on it, they're just songs that I happen to crave and love right now and am happy to have on one convenient CD to listen to in my car. Some are old, some are new, some are borrowed, some are blue. I encourage you to also make a mix for old time's sake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
While I know our tastes in music differ a bit, I have loved every single mix cd you have ever given me. In fact, your mix cds are mostly the only cds I consistently listen to!
So, now you know what you can give me for Christmas or my birthday! A beautiful "Goose Bumpers", or another "Happy Dance", etc. would fit my wish list very nicely :) You always make the best mixes.
I think your side job should be "a reviewer of all things music". Serious.
Love you lady!
Post a Comment