Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mama Maxis

So I realize I'm a bit late to the trend here.  Maxi Dresses have been around for a couple of years, but I have been avoiding them--most likely due to their unfortunate feminine-product-sounding name.  I mean, I get it: it's the opposite of a mini dress, it's a MAXI dress.  But still. 

I finally gave in and bought one (or five, but who's counting?) and I must say that I am very happy I jumped on the bandwagon.  They are super comfortable, great with flat sandals, cool in the sweltering heat, office-to-garden-party-to-outdoor-concert-appropriate, and oh yeah, EXPANDABLE.  If you happen to find yourself in a state where your belly is growing bigger and bigger by the day, the maxi dress is the article of clothing for you!

Without setting foot in a maternity store, I managed to find and try on about 20 dresses that were belly-friendly.  This means that I don't have to retire them once I pop the kid out. Bonus! Either empire waist or waistless styles work the best if you are dealing with a swollen abdomen. If you aren't--the belted, waisted styles are adorable and abundant too. I can't wait to add my own belts to a couple of the ones I bought...once I can find my waist again.

There are millions out there to choose from, but here are some that I liked online by Topshop Maternity, T Bags, and Just Cavalli, respectively.  Happy shopping, I know I had fun....to the max(i).

No comments: