Thursday, June 2, 2011

The hiatus is back off again

Rather than bore you with the whole "I haven't posted in so long!" post, I'll just cut right to the chase:  Lazy Bombay has been both busy and idle, but for good reason.  I'm pregnant!  Yep.  "Fo shiz up the spout," to quote our good friend Juno.  Mason and I waited a long time to take this incredibly big leap, so I'm half-serious when I say: I think we're ready for this.  We're so ready to meet our son.  We can't wait to chill with the little dude.  Nevermind that little thing called LABOR that has to happen before we can meet him. Let's just skip riiiiiiight over that part.

I'm due July 30 and I'm currently 32 weeks along.  That's 8 months.  8 MONTHS.  Don't let anyone tell you that women are pregnant for 9 months, because it just ain't true.  Women are pregnant for 10 months - 40 weeks - 280 days.  So even though I'm 8 months along, I still have almost 2 months to go.  I knock on wood very loudly and repeatedly when I say that this has been an easy pregnancy, but it really has.  I know these last 8 weeks will be the toughest, as my rapidly expanding abdomen only continues to do so (at an exponential rate), but I'm reaalllllly excited for this last phase.  Up until now, I haven't really even felt that pregnant.  I didn't vom a lot, I haven't been uncomfortable, and I've been working and camping and staying as active as I would be sans-belly.  However; there has been more going to bed early, and falling asleep mid-movie.  And there has been a lot more ice cream.

Here are the first couple of pictures of Lil Fetz:


Here's our first prego camp trip to Gunlock Reservoir:


And our latest camp trip--the annual trek to Crack Canyon (or The Old Door as we like to call it, for obvious reasons):

Of course, the pregnant lady should have the gun.  That's what I thought.

I seriously do NOT want this to turn into a pregnancy/baby/mommy blog, so I'll try to switch up the posting, but let's be honest--I might have certain things on my mind.

No comments: