So I didn't even plan it, but I happen to be only 70 miles from Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania on Groundhog Day. I'm here for work, and the trip just so happened to fall on this date, in this city. Isn't that crazy?! The local news in Pittsburgh is covering it, and they sent their local weather guy to Gobbler's Knob to do the story....it's eerily close to the plot of the movie. AND my alarm went off today at 6:00...because I set it for 6:00...but I swear I didn't make the connection until this morning, until Google Imaging "groundhog day."
My family's favorite, yet kind of obscure, lines from the movie: "Morons, your bus is leaving." and "Yeah, like the groundhog Phil." Makes me laugh out loud just to think of my bro doing Phil's voice.
And here's the best find of my search. Maybe we should consider the possibility that Punxsutawney Phil is sick and tired of being hassled at 7:30 on a Tuesday morning.PS-Ned Ryerson from the movie is talking to the crowd right now on the news! Bing!



1 comment:
Fabulous post! Luke loved the picture of Phil holding the gun and wearing bullets...he squealed, "Mom, let me see it again!!" I hope YOU don't get eternally stuck in Pennsylvania! It is a rather uncanny coincidence that you just HAPPEN to be there on Groundhog day. It cracked me up even more to read of "Ned! Ned Ryerson!" on the news...too, TOO funny!!
Post a Comment