Thursday, August 20, 2009

Are they serious?

I took the above picture will my cell phone......INSIDE THE LADIES' LOCKER ROOM....AT MY GYM.

Now, the last time I checked, the ladies' locker room was a place where a lady (free from the inappropriate attention of men) would go to:
a. change into gym clothes, prior to working out
b. change out of gym clothes, after working out
c. shower off, after working out
d. all of the above

All of those activities involve a certain amount of nakedness, am I right? Now, how exactly am I expected to "cover myself appropriately" whilst still using the ladies' locker room for its intended purpose(s)?

I've only seen this sign at the Bountiful location of my gym--not Sugarhouse, not Van Winkle, not West Valley........not even in the locker rooms of BYU. Come on Bountiful, really? You paid for the production and installation of that totally unnecessary sign in your locker room? You are THAT afraid of other people's naked bodies? Did someone complain because they saw someone else's naked body and couldn't handle it? Can't you let people decide their own comfort level when it comes to exposing or not exposing their own bodies?

It kind of makes me want to wander around the locker room, aimlessly and for hours at a time, naked as a jaybird.

Also, I will bet you $100 that there isn't a companion sign in the men's locker room.

1 comment:

Liz and Lorin without Borders said...

i didn't realize when I requested that this sign be installed, that you would be so upset by it. Sheesh. Sorry.